Monday, July 14, 2008

Lds and 7th day Adventist church

Recently My Dad and I went down to see the Orangeburg Ward in Orangeburg, SC. Since becoming a ward, the church building has been going under some renovations. Temporarily the ward is renting out a church from the 7th day Adventist church. We got there, met and greeted our old friends just right before sacrament meeting. The first time I set my foot in there i saw how big the room was and it was HUGE!!. The rooms hold a congregation of 4,100 people, so many chairs and all. We got up to the first speaker, Sister Williams and then the power went out. The first two counselors in the Bishopric got up and walked around the very large room to see what was going on. The Bishop was out of town in Florida while this was going on. The 2nd counselor in the Stake Presidency got up. He said stuff about Pioneers and that we should be appreciating them. We then concluded. The first counselor in the Bishopric then said were cancelling church for the day due to power. My Dad and I were one of the last few to leave. The lights turned on and the power was up in running. We go out the door and see the county fixing the power problem. We asked them what cause all this. This was caused by a darn bird, who flew in to a transformer and made the power go out. I conclude this by saying I guess it is possible to have a little bird ruin your church.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh hey there Derrick--I'll address this insight to you: I had no idea there was an entire blogging community out there, which is probably why no one is writing many emails anymore. Anyway, kudos to you for having a great playlist to accompany your blog.'
Aunt Christine